OK it has been a while since I posted. Mostly because there was life going on and I did not want to hurt any one's feelings. I am over that now. Oh, and I changed my title.....a little different....trying to figure out a good name.....
I have spent the last 7 years working with scouts. I was volunteered by my husband back when it all started to lead my oldest son's group. Since then, I have taken lots of training, volunteered countless hours, and enjoyed doing it. At this point, I am at a loss.
First I had words with the advancement chair for Nick's troop. She has health problems, and her issues were starting to get in the way of the scouts advancing in a timely manner. She did not agree....but let me just say....Nick earned his rank and 4 months later finally got a board of review and received his rank. He is not the only one. Now this lady despises me with her every bone in her body. Truth hurts. 1/4/2013 Since then this family and a couple of others have quit our troop and formed their own troop. She had words with a couple of other parents after our issues.
Now, I have to deal with a Methodist church who is the charter organization for my cub scout pack for my other son. Now, I consider myself very open hearted to people of all races and religions. I am not so much for those who do not do their part ... do not take care of their kids.....etc......no matter what race or religion. That is an entirely different blog. I spend countless hours working on scouting. I have enjoyed it. It did not matter to me that we were chartered by Methodist church....I still worked very hard to do what they had asked of us, and still create a thriving scouting program. Not alone....I had help along the way.....and I am very grateful for those who have volunteered. The church however has become the absolute thorn in my side for the past year. Really, a church that in my opinion is bullying the leaders of this organization. That is not very Christian. And after sitting in a meeting this week (not the first of such, and probably not the last) where they blatantly repeated that they wanted more leaders to be from their church.....knowing how much time I devote to this and creating a program that is now the 2nd largest in our district......and also knowing full well that I am not from "their church".....it was another sucker punch and really I am just getting tired of jumping through their hoops to work with a program that I think could be awesome and bring up productive young men. They have lost sight of the kids involved. It is all about "what is the church getting out of this". Really?! I have nothing against Methodists....I have friends who are.....I have friends who are Jewish, Baptist, Presbyterian, Mormon, Muslim, and pretty much every faith there is. I see the person, and by that I don't care which church or temple they attend....their religion or lack of has made them who they are....and I am friends with the person. As a member of this particular church.....I would be embarrassed by the behavior of its administration. 1/4/2013 After our meeting with the church, they agreed to recharter us, but wanted more of their members in leadership positions. I don't know how they expect us to implement that since our leadership is all volunteers and we take who steps up. I personally still feel the tension between the two groups will remain, but both have agreed to try to work to resolve whatever so that we are a harmonious unit. Also, as of December 31 I am no longer Committee Chair and am hoping that the new Committee Chair is able to carry on and work this all out.
Now, that off my chest. It is busy around here, and the month of birthdays has begun. Christmas is just around the corner and we are counting the days until our Disney trip....and let me tell ya....I need to go to the happiest place on earth!
No comments:
Post a Comment