I know you were all on standby waiting for my first post of the new year....lol.
First, we had a wonderful time at Disney World with my family. We all enjoyed our time immensely and have spent the rest of our break recuperating. --Point to remember...if your young teen gets ill while on vacation, and you send him back to the hotel to rest (alone).....remind him not to lock all of the locks on the hotel room door or the rest of you will not be able to get in (because likely he/she will be sound asleep)! lol Yep, it happens. Thank goodness my sister had an adjoining room, and the internal doors are thinner than the outside doors (banging was much louder and was able to awake the sleeping bear).
Tip--if you are wondering about Universal Studios theme park....we had a good time....were exhausted by the time we got there (due to the 3 days at WDW prior), but still had a great time. More for the older kids...not a whole lot for the tots (especially in the winter). Universal has some playground areas with water features (that we could not play on since it was cold. One indoor Barney play area was fun, but small. Islands of Adventure (the other 1/2 of Universal parks) had a whole area dedicated to the smaller sect - Seussville. That was a lot of fun for Carmine. Other than that, the older two and Sam had a blast on the other rides and such. Also, worthy to note....some of the simulator rides have "stationary" seating so even though he did not meet the requirements, he could still go and we sat in those seats .... you just have to ask if they have it or not for that "ride".
Christmas was the day after we returned.....and the kids were still on East Coast time...ugh. But I wish I had my camera on him when Carmine was chatting with his brothers and we finally pointed to his pile of stuff next to the tree....his jaw dropped in total disbelief of what he was seeing. lol It was priceless, but I wasn't awake enough to capture it. :)
Now, we are days away from organized chaos beginning again. I am clinging to these last few days of relative nothingness.....but alas they are passing ever so quickly. Resolutions, I don't really make them....but plans I do try to make. So, my "plans" for the new year: read at least 12 books (I got a Nook for Christmas, so that should motivate me) (some of you are saying, only 12?.....yes......in my house and my world, 12 is a reasonable number....hoping for more, but keeping it realistic), get those last boxes unpacked (yes 3, almost 4 years later) and get the house/garage organized (at least have a place for everything), spend lots of time with the kids together and individually (I know, I already do this....well the second one is a challenge sometimes), I will get my Christmas cards out ON TIME in 2013, and last but not least.....my sister has challenged me that we could do the 2014 Tinkerbell run at WDW......so I will be working on getting ready for that.....run? not usually in my vocab, but I will give it a shot...pray for me and my joints. :) Oh, and lots of date nights with my hubby....thanks to our gift of "every Friday night" baby sitting from my mother in law......this should be interesting as we haven't had that many date nights in a LONG time....but tonight....no babysitting....instead we are watching the AGGIES BTHO OU in the COTTON BOWL!!!!!!
Here's to all of you having a healthy and prosperous 2013 filled with many blessings!
I can't believe we were there at the same time and didn't know it! I didn't advertise it on the blog until we had come back, for obvious reasons, but still, I'm so sad. We would have loved to see you guys. Glad you had a great time!
ReplyDelete