We have had small steps around our house that are noteworthy......
Carmine is in the midst of potty training. Having been a number of years since we endured this process, I am reminded that I HATE POTTY TRAINING. Ugh. I just have to keep reminding myself that the extra "income" from not purchasing as many diapers will be worth it in the end. Meanwhile, please hold while I start yet another washer full of Carmine's underwear!
I have had 3 different people note how Nick has seemed to "mature" a bit over the past couple of months in his actions and demeanor. In good ways. Makes a heart smile. Not to mention I think he may actually stay with band. He had doubts about staying in it next year, but recent events have started sucking him into the fun side of band. :) Also, we started this year with a new workout routine and eating routine, and may I brag for him just a moment.....he has now lost a whopping 13.4% body fat and increased his lean body mass (muscle) by 5.3 lbs. He is pretty proud of that accomplishment, and I am hoping he will stick to it because he is noting that he feels better and his clothes fit much better. :)
Every day that we make it closer to the end of school, is a success for Kyle. :) He really finds school annoying. The STAAR test nearly broke all of us, but we survived round 1. Round two should be a breeze since it involves math. Piece by piece Kyle is discovering what he enjoys and we are working hard to incorporate more of that in his world. No scout camp this year, trying to figure out how to fit some science into our summer plans.
Some of you may wonder....where is her book list. Nope not done with one yet....but in the midst of more than one. I am getting behind, I know. I will catch up by the end of the year.....12 books....I can do it! (does Nick's math book count?)
No comments:
Post a Comment