March already?!
I had to come to terms last week with the reality that my kids are growing up and out of phases of life. Indeed it was the week of Pinewood Derby. Much to my sadness, there was no pinedust, no last minute touchups, no scars on my fingers from the Dremmel, no new paint on the cooler or garage floor, no graphite all over the place. No, Kyle did not want to do a car this, his last year. We went and watched and cheered on our friends. Pine dust will return in t- 3 years and counting.
Nick finally took the plunge to be Patrol Leader. He should have done this already at least once (his patrol is small), but was hesitant because he did not want to make anyone mad. Unfortunately the older scout leadership role models haven't been so great.....and he didn't want to repeat their mistakes. Good for him. We should all make a few more observations before jumping in and trying to run things.
We just weeded out a bunch of "baby" toys from Carmine's room. He is growing so quickly and amazes us every day. How many two year olds do you know that know left and right? He is about 90% accurate....and I don't know really where he learned it from. He has inherited our love of reading (so did the other two). The other day he was spending time with Sam, when I heard "read them all daddy". He wanted him to read ALL of his books. All three shelves full. lol On another note, we start soccer tomorrow and he loves gymnastics class.
I remember both of my grandmothers talking about time flying .... now I know. I wish there was a pause button. For every teen moment with Nick (please tell me 14 is better)......for every roll of Kyle's eyes......for every night I sleep on Carmine's floor.... "Your gonna miss this. Your gonna want this back." That song rings truer than true, and even more so every day.
This brought tears to my eyes as I was remembering Nick and Schuyler playing together with leggos, and Kyle and Emma with trucks and strollers and crayons. I'm sad I haven't gotten to meet Carmine, but I feel like I know him from your posts. Miss you all so very much!
ReplyDeleteWell, Sam has a trip to CA in September I believe.....and I am going to try to tag along... :) hopefully it will work out this time. Yes, I remember so fondly the kids playing together in the sandpit....and now high school classes?!
ReplyDelete